engine room fixed foam fire fighting system.
1) first foam analysis to be carried out after 3 year from the date of installation on board and after that every year.
2) if it as protein based foam analysis to be performed before delivery to the ship and after that every year.
3) For a sealed container of foam which is not protein based it can be kept on board for a poriod of 10 year without lab analysis and 5 years for protein based foam.
1) proper record keeping of age of the solution.
2) level of foam concentrate to be checked from time to time
3) churning of foam solution if required .(quarterly)
4) proper marking and instruction are visible.
5) foam ejector are clear and non of them is choked ( quarterly).
6) if foam has been used than flushing of line with fresh water to prevent any blockage.
please correct me if i am wrong
approach in slow speed and the anchor is let go while the ship is head way or stern way.the cable is laid out the engine is relieve stresses in the cable just before the vessel brings to. usually prefers to stop at the anchorage by going astern. when the propeller wash reaches the abeam of the bridge he uses that as that the ship is lost way.the engines are then kept going dead slow stern as the anchor is let go.engine are stopped immediatly and the vsl drift astern laying out her cable.