JAHAJEE's law of shipping
JAHAJEE's law of shipping
- One who makes 1st ORB entry is always right, rest will follow.
- Chance of getting shore leave is inversely proportional to stay at port.
- Master knows everything and so does the Cadet.
- Galley department is more informed than the Master.
- Someone on-board will leave shipping after this sailing, he will join back within 1 months of signoff !
- Everyone on-board has the most expensive gadget.....for listening to music.
- Club movie goes missing exactly when you wish to see it.
- Everything is possible on-board especially for him who doesn't have to do it.
- Nobody reads SMS, yet everyone has read it within a week.
- The number of vetting remarks is directly proportional to the efforts placed in preparing the vessel.
- If u do not have type specific ECDIS course certificate you do not know ECDIS ! Doesn't matter you read its manual or completed your contract with safe watch-keeping.
- Nobody knows which maritime course to do, yet you are doing courses every vacation as per STCW 2010.
- When everything fails, you still do not RTFM (Read the F***ing Manual).
- You can estimate the rank of a mariner by quality and frequency of cuss words in his talk.
- Somebody will always crib about the food on-board.
- The buck stops at the cadet.
- You spend more time in filling checklists and forms than doing the required task.
- You have not signed off till you have signed off.
- You can never be wiser than someone with more sea-time experience.
- You almost never know where to go ashore yet you want shore leave desperately.
- You know more about latest phones than the latest maritime conventions.
- Drills are events where you find out who cleared maritime examination recently !
Taking over of watch at night in open sea !
Why are people afraid to use "DELETE" button ?
And they think it is affected by rest hours !
How would you define Deck work in 1 line !
SIR CLERK (MMD) : You need your Seatime entered in CDC !
Mariner : Sir My master entered it, see its there !
SIR CLERK (MMD) : You need sea service letter from your Master !
Mariner : Here it is Sir !
SIR CLERK (MMD) : NO NO ! You need Sea service letter from your Shipping company !
Mariner : I got that too Sir !
SIR CLERK (MMD) : Your eSamudra DG Shipping Profile is not updated with your Sea-time !
Mariner : Sir I updated that too, here it is !
SIR CLERK (MMD) : Hmmmm ! What about Form 3A, ask your Shipping Company
Mariner : WT# is Form 3A now. All my documents are here !
SIR CLERK (MMD) : HA HA ! BETA MAINE KAHA THA DARIYA MEIN AANE, MAA NE TOH BAHUT MANA KIYA THA NA !!
Jokes apart think about the duplication, triplication and quadruplication of the same data and yet MMD is never satisfied !
DG SHIPPING ENTERTAINMENT FAVOURITE QUOTES MERCHANT NAVY FORUM MMD INDIA