MEO CLASS 2 EXAM ORAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BY MR-PAUL - LATEST QUESTIONS
Q. 1) What are the ORB latest regulations and the use of H , I , G codes ? How to correct a wrong & missing entry in ORB ?X
solas ch.3 reg 21.2.1
on passenger ship 500GT n abv atleast 1 ON EACH SIDE
less than 500GT atleast 1.
reg 31.2 cargo ship atleast 1.
brendon n kamlesh
yes, provided it meets the requirements and specifications of a rescue boat as per SOLAS
yes,safety of life is the main concern at the sea,for this we should use life boat as a rescue
engine room fixed foam fire fighting system.
1) first foam analysis to be carried out after 3 year from the date of installation on board and after that every year.
2) if it as protein based foam analysis to be performed before delivery to the ship and after that every year.
3) For a sealed container of foam which is not protein based it can be kept on board for a poriod of 10 year without lab analysis and 5 years for protein based foam.
1) proper record keeping of age of the solution.
2) level of foam concentrate to be checked from time to time
3) churning of foam solution if required .(quarterly)
4) proper marking and instruction are visible.
5) foam ejector are clear and non of them is choked ( quarterly).
6) if foam has been used than flushing of line with fresh water to prevent any blockage.
please correct me if i am wrong