MASTER EXAM ORAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BY CAPT-MAYERS - LATEST QUESTIONS
Along with DOC, DG Manifest, Container Packing Certificate(as per SOLAS Ch.VII Reg4) as per IMDG, a DG Transport Document for each DG consignment loaded inside container.
1. Total weight of the bulk grain shall not exceed one third of the deadweightof the ship.
2. All "filled compartments, trimmed" shall be fitted with centreline divisions extending, for the full length of such compartments, downwards from the underside of the deck or hatch covers to a distance below the deck line ofat least one eighth of the maximum breadth of the compartment or 2.4 mywhichever is the greater except that saucers constructed in accordance withA 14 may be accepted in lieu of a centreline division in and beneath ahatchway except in the case of linseed and other seeds having similar properties.
3. All hatches to "filled compartments, trimmed" shall be closed and covers secured in place.
4. All free grain surfaces in partly filled cargo space shall be trimmed level and secured in accordance with A 16, A 17 or A 18.
5. Throughout the voyage the metacentric height after correction for the free surface effects of liquids in tanks shall be 0.3 m.
6. The master demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Administration or the Contracting Government of the port of loading on behalf of the Administration that the ship in its proposed loaded condition will comply with the requirements of this section.
All bulk carriers can load grain with or without DOA if prior loading master can satisfy the administration that stability criteria is met at all stages of voyage.
All bulk carrier can load grain provided they have DOCUMENT OF AUTHORIZATION issued by Flag State .Apart from DOA master has to provide with GRAIN LOADING PLAN which satisfies stablity criteria as mentioned in IMO grian code.AVessel without DOA can also load Grain ,master has to present with grain loading plan which is approved by flag state, or coastal state on request of flagstate.GRAIN LOADING PLAN is required as per MSA INDIA 1958 -SECTION-331.
Securing Devices and Arrangements
Specification of Fixed Cargo Securing Devices.
Specification of Portable Cargo Securing Devices
Inspection and Maintenance Schemes
Stowage and Securing of cargo .
Handling and safety instructions.
Application of portable securing devices
Supplementary Requirements for General Cargo/Container vessel.
Appendix I â€“ Log for maintenance of cargo securing equipment.
Appendix II â€“ Manual procedure for calculation of lashings...
Appendix III â€“ Applicable Annexes from the CSS Code
Appendix IV â€“ LASHCONTM IMO USER GUIDE
Appendix V â€“ Certification for fixed cargo securing devices
Appendix VI â€“ Certification for portable cargo securing devices.